Pop-up windows, or pop-ups, are windows that show up naturally without your consent. They fluctuate in size however generally don’t cover the entire screen. Some pop-ups open on top of the current Firefox window, while others show up underneath Firefox (pop-under).
Firefox permits you to control both pop-ups and pop-under through the Content Panel, which is present in the Options window. Also, pop-up blocking is turned on of course, so you don’t need to stress over empowering it to keep pop-ups from showing up in Firefox. If you are frustrated with frequent pop ups while using Mozilla Firefox, you need to ensure that you have changed the pop up blocker settings in Firefox. In order to know the process, you can continue reading the blog further:
To access the pop-up blocker settings:
In the beginning of the process, you are supposed to click the menu button, followed by choosing the button for “Options.”
In the next step, you need to immediately select the option for “Content panel.”
After you go to the Content panel below Pop-ups:
- You need to quickly uncheck the box, which is present next to Block pop-up windows for disabling the pop-up blocker altogether.
- While you are moving ahead with the steps, you have to click on Exceptions…
- Now, a dialog box opens with a list of sites that you want to allow for the display of pop-ups
- The dialog box provides the end users for three different choices
1. Allow: Click this for adding the website to the exceptions list.
2. Remove Site: Click this for the removal website from the exceptions list.
3. Remove All Sites: Click this for removing all the websites in the exceptions list.
Is the pop-up coming from Firefox?
It is also significant for you to understand the origination of the pop ups. It is so because there are chances that these pop-ups may not actually be coming from the Firefox. Now, you can actually determine where the pop-up is coming from by going through appearance Window.
- If you see the location bar with the “i” shaped icon in the pop-up window, the pop-up is coming from Firefox.
- If you don’t see the “i” button, you may have malware on your computer that causes the pop-ups.
Is the pop-up blocker on and enabled for this site ?
1. Click the menu button
1. Select Options.
2. Go to the Content panel.
3. You must ensure that the Block pop-up windows checkbox is checked.
4. Click the Exceptions... button.
5. A dialog box will open which enlists all the sites that are allowed to show pop-ups.
6. In case the name of the pop up site appears in the list, you need to select it and press the option to “Remove Site.”
7. Also, you need to click on the option for save changes in order to update the changes
8. As soon as you will close the about: preferences page, all the changes that you have made will automatically get saved
Just in case, you have any queries that are related to it, make sure that you
have taken instant help from the experts. Also, if you want to connect with them, you are supposed to give them an instant call at Firefox help phone number. Well, in case, if you don’t have this number, you shouldn’t be worried about the same because you can easily avail it from the website of Contactforhelp. It is basically an online directory that offers reliable numbers for all the US and Canada-based customer services.