Along with the phone services, AT&T is also known for proving Internet services to both home and business users. The home service lets you create 21 email address or related sub-accounts. Instead of free email services like Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail, you should be an AT&T internet subscriber to use an AT&T email address and avail at ATT email customer service. When you establish an Att email account, you can use it online, via Microsoft Outlook or its similar email program, or on your cell phone. The following guide will help you to know how to set up an email account with AT&T net.
Create an AT&T E-mail Account
1. Sign into att.com via the username and password entered while you launched your AT&T internet account. Choose ‘Internet’ option from the My AT&T tab.
2. Move down to email accounts. The primary email address was established when you launched your account. Now, choose ‘Create/Manage Sub-Account’ option to create extra email accounts.
4. Enter a new password in the ‘Password’ box and then re-type it in the ‘Confirm Password’ box. Subsequently, enter the first and last name, nickname, date of birth, gender, and zip code in the proper fields.
5. Enter the email address of primary account holder in the ‘Contact E-mail Address’ box. Confirm to which you want to allow this sub-account holder’s permission to take the fee to your AT&T account.
6. Choose an offline security question/answer as well as a passcode. Choose two online safety questions with answers and click on the ‘Save’ button.
7. Print the page of data confirmation if you want, then click the ‘Continue’ button to finish your sub-account setup.
Configure Microsoft Outlook to Get Your AT&T Email
1. Choose the ‘Account Settings’option from the ‘Tools’ menu in Microsoft Outlook. Hit the ‘New’ button in the email tab.
2. Choose the POP3 E-mail Service option, and then click the ‘Next’ button. Select the ‘Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types’ check box, and then click the ‘Next.’
3. Choose ‘Internet E-mail’ option, and then click the ‘Next.’ Type your name, the new AT&T email address, the password you entered to set up the sub-account.
4. Enter the ‘pop.att.yahoo.com’ in the Incoming Mail Server box, and then ‘smtp.att.yahoo.com’ for the SMTP box. Provide your email address under the Username box.
5. Select the ‘Remember Password’ box, and then click the ‘More Settings’ button. Check the box labeled as ‘My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication,’ then click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
6. Enter the ‘995’ in the Incoming Server (POP3) Port Number box. Select the ‘This Server Requires and Encrypted Connection’ box. Type ‘465’ in the SMTP box.
7. Choose ‘SSL’ from the drop down box, and then click the ‘OK’ to go to the Internet E-mail window.
8. Click ‘Test Account Settings’ to validate your new e-mail address is connecting to Outlook. Click the ‘Finish’ button to complete your Att email setup.
However, if you are unable to set up your Att email account with Outlook, feel free to contact the Att email customer support and seek instant help.