Having a plan to use Microsoft Outlook to keep track your email messages? If yes, then firstly you need the contact information of all your employees and clients. In that case, your AOL email address book is having hundreds of contacts and emails; it would be a time-consuming process to add each contact manually to Outlook. In order to get rid of this circumstance, you can export your AOL contacts’ information in a CSV file. Then, Outlook can import these contacts from the CSV file and insert them into your contacts list.
Export Contacts from AOL Mail
The process of adding your AOL email account to the Outlook email client is pretty enough; you need to follow the step-wise procedure. However, if you find any issue during the processes, contact the AOL customer service phone number to know the step-by-step guidance and fix the encountered errors.
- Once you log in to AOL to see your contacts, click on the ‘Contacts’, and then click on the ‘Empty Box’ icon to the ‘Name’ left side to choose all contacts.
- Subsequently, click on the ‘Tools’ icon and select the ‘Export’ option from the menu.
- Check that the ‘CSV’ option is selected, and then click on the ‘Export’ button. Now, save the CSV file on the system hard disk.
Read Here: AOL Mail Freezes Up – Know How to Fix?
Import Contacts into Outlook
Once you have exported the contacts into the CSV file, now you need to import them into the Outlook program. Check to know how to do:
- Open your Microsoft Outlook program, click on the ‘File’ section and choose the ‘Open and Export’ option and then click on the ‘Import/Export’ button to launch the instructions Wizard window.
- Make sure that the ‘Import from another program or file’ option is selected and then click on the ‘Next’ button. Choose the ‘Comma Separated Values’ option and then click the ‘Next’.
- Click on the ‘Browse’ button and choose the CSV file you exported from the AOL account, and then click on the radio button ‘Replace duplicates with items imported’ to avoid generating duplicates. Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Choose the ‘Contacts’ folder as the destination and then click on the ‘Next’ button. Click on the ‘Finish’ button to import the entire contacts from the CSV file.
However, if you are getting problems in importing your contacts to the Outlook or unable to import CSV files, it is highly suggested to call on the AOL Customer service number and seeks for the expert assistance.